Friday, June 27, 2008

Computers

I would have never thought that I would be considered a computer person --- but yesterday I went to the Christian Help Center [in uptown Roxboro] to volunteer my time and I spent my entire day helping people with their computers. A woman named Barbara I helped start up her own email account. She had never had email before and we immediately emailed her daughter --- and when her daughter got the message she wrote back immediately this: "I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!" To me it seems like less and less people are turning away from computers. I don't think computers are like the answer to all of our problems --- but I got to admit --- when my computer was out for about 5 days I was having a hard time. I have so much enjoyed my time a the Christian Help Center and I am proud to say that I can be a small part of such a wonderful organization. Even if it is being the computer techy guy.

No comments: