Saturday, November 29, 2008

Catch my breath

Okay, so it has been a mind bending pace for the last few days. Right after class on Tuesday we headed to my in-laws and visited there through Thanksgiving. And then on Friday we left and I went and saw Duke play Duquesne at Cameron Indoor Stadium ---- it was an awesome game and I think our Blue Devils are looking good this year. After the basketball game I then went and did a wedding ---- which was fabulous. And now I am sitting here in front of my computer preparing for tomorrow's sermon. I am tossing around a couple ideas ----- I will either go with Mark 13.24-37 or 1 Corinthians 1.3-9. One thing that is important for all of us to remember is that it is Advent. Honestly, I am just now coming into a full appreciation of what Advent is. As I have come to realize that Advent is about celebrating the coming of our Lord, not just in the manger, but also in the second coming ----- I have come to realize the richness of God being with us. Let us continue to run the race until Christ comes in all of his glory.

No comments: