Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ephesians 6.10-20

This coming Sunday I will be preaching on Ephesians 6.10-20. In the last couple of years it seems like I quote this passage to myself more than just about any other passage. The reason for that is based on the complexities of working in a church ministry setting. It feels like there are times in the life of the church where there are difficulties with relationships and I have learned that: "Our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." [Ephesians 6.12] When I remind myself of this verse it causes me to spend more time on my knees and less time worrying and fretting. What do you all think? Do you think the real battle has to do more with cosmic powers than it does with flesh and blood? Do you think that relationships are a terrific place for darkness to creep in and cause each of us to fight against each other?

No comments: