Thursday, April 28, 2011

Exponential 2011 - Orlando

I thought that I would write about my experience at Exponential Conference. I have been at this conference since Tuesday and we leave to come back home tomorrow. It has been a great time away with 20 pastors and we have been learning a lot about the missional church. If anyone is interested in discussing what that is ----- we will need to get together and have a cup of coffee and I will explain it. But the essence of it is this: the church is to look at itself as a mission outpost, rather than a building. Here are some of the highlights so far.That is a picture of a cool system that doesn't need a projector. I have projectors on the brain lately.That is supposed to be a picture of Rick Warren. I was in a Bible Study that he taught on Isaiah 49.We went to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville for Dinner on Wednesday night. We ate on the Porch of Indecision ---- not exactly sure what that means.This is the stage for the main part of the conference ---- they had three screens. There were over 4000 people in attendance.We went to the mall and I was really digging on this seating. I have had furniture on the brain as well.And plant decor.Profound statement at the mall. I think this is one of those moments where we should say: "Now that will preach." Or how they say it in Texas: "Now that dog will hunt."Not totally sold on the marketing strategy ------ and we did look around briefly for the brochures ----- I figured they were too small :-)This was the grill for a nice SUV of a lady that rode through a swarm of "Love bugs" in Sarasota, Florida. That just feels like it is a lot of bugs.

No comments: