Saturday, July 3, 2010

Galatians 6.1-16

On Sunday I will be preaching from Galatians 6.1-16. When I read this passage the verse that sticks out to me is verse 15 that says: "For neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is anything; but a new creation is everything!" The new creation that is found in Christ Jesus is everything. In this new creation God remakes the believer into a person that can authentically love and help the neighbor. This is a result of the Holy Spirit infiltrating our hearts and changing us into that new creation. Now we can actually live lives that are selfless ----- rather than selfish. That is why a new creation is everything. But now I would like to let the skeptic walk into this conversation. And as the skeptic I think we should ask ----- can someone ever authentically do something that is totally not selfish or egotistically motivated? What do you all think?

No comments: