Sunday, November 1, 2009

Commissioning Papers

You all might have noticed me writing about these things called commissioning papers, so I thought I would let you know what they are. I am considered a Local Pastor in the United Methodist Church. What that means is that I am ordained to a particular Parish setting and there I have been set as the Pastor (in this case Warren's Grove). When I complete certain parts of my schooling then I can begin the commissioning process of becoming an Elder in the United Methodist Church. I am now at the beginning stages of applying to become a Provisional Elder (which is the beginning of applying to become a Full Elder). To do that I had to answer seven questions about my call into the ministry (it ended up taking me 14 pages to write it ----- you know Pastors are sometimes long winded). So, when you hear me describing that I have completed my commissioning papers, that means that I am on my way to becoming an Elder in the UM Church. Please keep praying for me ----- I am going to be interviewed in the middle of this month.

No comments: