Thursday, October 8, 2009

Romans 5.12-21

The passage that I am going to be preaching from this coming Sunday is Romans 5.12-21. The hardest hitting and far reaching verse of the passage is verse 18 that says: "Therefore just as one man's [Adam] trespass led to condemnation for all, so one man's [Jesus] act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all." This verse shows the sin of Adam's disobedience to God, in the garden of Eden, while at the same time showing Jesus' cosmic changing righteous action in laying down his life for humanity. One of the first questions that I think of when I read a passage like this is ----- so many people say that Adam and Eve are just a myth, if that is the case then is sin a myth?, and then if that is the case was Christ's death in vain? This is a disturbing question ---- but the Apostle Paul is the one who brings Adam into the equation. I have a certain place I have staked a claim, but I would like to hear what you all think. Comment below.

No comments: