Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Letter of Romans

Now that we have finished going through a large amount of the letter to the Ephesians we are now going to begin a new venture ----- the letter to the Romans. This has been one of my favorite books of the Bible for a very long time ----- ever since I tried for a number of months to memorize all of chapter 8 (even though it was unsuccessful). But, as I have been diving into this letter I have realized how little I really know about it. This is a letter that is very deep in its theological analysis and also very broad in its use of the Old Testament. As a result of that I am really looking forward to a greater knowledge of what God has to teach us and transform us with this letter to the Roman church. We will be beginning this Sunday on Romans 1.8-17. I encourage you to read along with me as we dive into this passage ----- and the passages that come up. Romans 1.16 says: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel; it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." Have you ever been ashamed of the gospel? Do you think that the gospel is really the power of God for your salvation?

No comments: