Monday, October 13, 2008

Psalm 42

This coming Sunday I will be preaching from Psalm 42. Now I know that I have a cute picture of a deer loving on her youngin', but I think that by the end of this study on Psalm 42 that is all going to be dashed. I have always thought of this Psalm as being a very contemplative prayer that rehearses a soul's longing desire to know God more. But, I think all of these preconceived notions are going to be dashed. Look at Psalm 42.3: "My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me continually, 'Where is your God?'" Now this doesn't seem like a utopian time of contemplation. Tell me what you think. Read through it and you can respond by clicking the comment section below. This particular sermon will be submitted to my preaching class so I can use any help you can give me.

No comments: