Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gimp

I haven't ever had a chance to share with you all a program that I use quite often. I have found it very beneficial to proficient at a picture editing software called Gimp. (the image above I made on gimp in literally 2 minutes) You can find it for free online. Gimp can do much of the same things that Adobe Photoshop can do ----- but it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. I have found it very beneficial for making bulletin covers, blog headers, manipulating photographs, images for websites, and manipulating VBS images for postcards. There is definitely a learning curve ----- and seminary never taught me about these sorts of things. But, I have gotten to be pretty good at it and I feel like I am pretty well versed in the software. I would encourage anyone with a artistic flare to try this out.

No comments: