Saturday, June 4, 2011

1 Corinthians 10.23-11.1

This coming Sunday we will be focusing on 1 Corinthians 10.23-11.1. In this passage the Apostle Paul continues his emphasis of using our Christian liberty for the upbuilding of others. But then he uses his self as an example and tells the Corinthians to imitate him. He says in 11.1: "Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ." That is quite a bold statement. But, at the same time, is that not what we all should be about as Christians? Should we not be able to say something like that to those who are new to the faith? If we cannot say something like that ----- then are we growing in our love of God and in our love for the neighbor? I would love to hear from you ----- could you say to a new believer ---- imitate me as I imitate Christ?

No comments: