Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1 Corinthians 1.18-31

This coming Sunday the text that we will be focusing on is 1 Corinthians 1.18-31. Much of these verses are dealing with wisdom. Paul is highlighting that wisdom of the world is different than God's wisdom. For the Lord's great power is shown in the cross of Christ. In the cross we can boast because the Lord has made us new creatures. One interesting string of verses is found in in chapter 1 verses 27-29. One part says: "God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong." In your own life ----- have you had experiences where the weak things of life have shamed the strong? I immediately think of back pain or a penetrating question from a child. I remember when I hurt my back so bad I could not even stand up. That was a humbling experience. Or when a question from a little child, would cause me to have to change behavior. Have you all had experiences like that?

No comments: