Monday, October 4, 2010

Hiking Trip

I took my three oldest children on a hike in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and it was awesome. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done ----- but truly a meaningful experience all around. It is nice to have bathrooms and tables ----- but it was awesome to be out in the woods for 5 days.This is the last day of our journey. We had just ascended 1800 feet in 3 miles.We had an opportunity to see wild elk. They ended up coming about 100 yards from us.We spent a lot of time near creeks. We got to play in the creek.This is the day we left on our 24 mile journey. It just a few hours we were wet and I was told a tropical depression came through. We did end up getting soaked on the next day. The sun did come out and all of us started to really enjoy our time out in the woods. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who likes to hike. It was tremendous.

No comments: