Thursday, August 26, 2010

Luke 14.1-14

As I have been studying this passage it is one that I see all the time. Especially when I go and visit my grandmother. Jesus tells a parable about how you shouldn't go and take the best seat at a wedding feast ---- and that is because the host might come and make you move. When I go and see my grandmother she would never want to take a good seat. In her mind she would rather just sit on the floor and let everyone else have a comfortable seat. Is this what Jesus is saying to us? That we need to make sure we are uncomfortable all the time and let everyone else live a comfortable life. If that is all that he is saying ---- then I don't know why he was killed for saying those kind of things. Instead, I think that Jesus has something to say with humility and who we sit down and fellowship with. Are we always trying to rub shoulders with the big muckity-mucks? Or do we fellowship with the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind? (see verse 13) My grandmother is an awesome woman ---- but I would love it if she would just take the good seat ----- because she deserves ----- not because she wants it ---- but because of what God has done in her life.

No comments: