Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Who are you on Palm Sunday?

This Sunday, March 28th is going to be Palm Sunday. The children of the church are going to be doing a play on Palm Sunday and there will be a question posed. The question is: Who are you on Palm Sunday? Are we Caiphas? Are we Thomas? Are we Judas? Are we a person in the crowd? Are we Mary Magdalene? They all come to Palm Sunday in different ways and with different baggage. As we enter into Holy Week, let us examine what baggage we bring with us on our way to Calvary. While we journey with Jesus my prayer is that we will leave behind the things that weigh us down from taking up our cross and following Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought about Palm Sunday that way. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I will be asking myself and sharing these thoughts with my friends.