Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ephesians 1.3-14

This Sunday I will be preaching from Ephesians 1.3-14. As I have been reading through this passage of scripture a few things have stuck out to me. First of all in verse 13 it says: "In him you also, when you had heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and had believed in him, were marked with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit." How do you think we are marked today when we hear the truth of the gospel and believe? Also, verse 9 sticks out to me where it says: "he has made known to us the mystery of his will." What is the mystery of God's will for us? This is a rich passage for us and I am truly enjoying diving into this study. Come and journey with me.

1 comment:

tduncan said...

I think our actions are a representation of our markings of the holy spirit. How do you act? How do you react? What words come from your mouth? What thoughts encompass your mind? Having the mark impacts all of those things.

And for me, the mystery of God's will, is my path toward his will. The decisions I make, the prayers I pray, the guidance I seek are all a part of the mysterious plan laid out by God for my life, which I must unfold. Great is thy faithfulness!